One of the things that make FSMA so special is that there is such a strong parent community. FSMA was created by parents, is led by parents, is staffed by many parents, and this school creates opportunities for parents to be involved in a variety of ways. We even have a subgroup of our PTO designated just for Family Engagement because we believe in it so strongly. We NEED parents to be involved and engaged in our community and we hope to continue to create opportunities for that in the coming year. For now, here is a list of ways you can get involved:
- send in your volunteer forms
- observe the lunch program and sign up to help (regular schedule or substitute)
- chaperone field trips
- sign up to coach a team
- ask you child’s teacher for ways to help in the classroom (or at home)
- carline help – join us in the morning to welcome students
- event help (book fairs, Happy Hearts, etc… more to come)
- have an idea… share it with us!
For now, mark your calendar for Thursday, September 6th… it is our first PTO meeting of the year and we will be sharing lots of volunteer opportunities. And, don’t forget, at FSMA every parent is a member of the PTO (no membership dues). We look forward to seeing you there!