First State Montessori Academy will be accepting applications for our Board of Directors!
First State Montessori Academy (FSMA) could not provide the care and dedication to 21st Century education without our volunteer Board of Directors! Now…We are currently seeking members from the greater New Castle County area who have a passion for our mission of creating lifelong learners, will be a steward of the school, and will consistently bring new ideas and perspective while thinking innovatively and representing our community. We are especially interested in individuals who bring experience and skills in the following areas:
- Fundraising & Events
- Finance & Accounting
- Nonprofit Leadership
- Community Engagement
- Communications & Marketing
An FSMA Board member should be an:
Interested individuals should submit a resume and interest letter to: email@example.com
As quoted from an FSMA board member in the Delaware Charter School Network Ripple Newsletter, April 2017:
“What are you most proud of your board for accomplishing? At this point, the board is turning seven. This means that the board worked diligently for four years before the school even opened…We’re still going strong, and working through transitions with trust and dedication. We accomplish everything from multiple grant proposals, writing strong bylaws, to financial oversight, month after month. The level of sustained commitment is inspiring!”
Role of Our Board
Our board members work to advance the mission and philosophy of the students, teachers and staff of FSMA.
Committees of the Board
Duties of Board Members
- Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings (every month) and committee meetings and trainings as needed, equaling 3-6 hours/month.
- Participate in at least two FSMA volunteer opportunities per year
- Attend and support special events
- Actively participate in fundraising projects and activities
- Recruit other members for the Board of Directors
- Contribute financially to Annual Fund in line with personal ability
- Enhance the organization’s public image and increase awareness of FSMA