A Message from our Leadership Team:
First State Montessori Academy (FSMA) is the culmination of the efforts of many determined people who have seen firsthand the power of a Montessori education. As Delaware’s first Montessori charter school, FSMA is considered one of the most innovative educational programs, and at the same time, one of the most well researched approaches to teaching and learning. We are extremely excited to make this type of education available to children in Delaware.
As a charter school, we are given the flexibility to create our own educational model while also being held to a high level of accountability from the State of Delaware Department of Education. We work closely with other charter and Montessori schools and are committed to being a member of the larger education community. We are also committed to building a community within our classrooms, within our school, and with our families.
FSMA strives to create joyful classrooms that are filled with learning. We respond to individual needs, set individual goals, and give each child an individualized education. We are committed to making this a place where your child loves school, embraces learning, develops strong friendships and learns new ways to think about the world around them.
Great things are happening at FSMA…come and check us out!
Courtney Fox Liz Madden
Head of School Education Director
- Spring Break begins for students on Wednesday, April 1. School will reopen on Monday, April 13.
- On Wednesday, April 1 and Thursday, April 2, parents and teachers will meet for Parent/ Teacher Conferences.
- Spring Book Fair is scheduled for Wednesday April 29 through Wednesday May 6.
- The next FSMA Board of Directors Public Session will be held at the school on April 23, 2015. Public session begins at 6:30 PM.
- School start times are between 8:00 and 8:30 am and school dismissal times are between 3:15 to 3:30 pm.